Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Return of the Demon...


Its been considerable time since my last update. Though there has been no significant anything to talk about, but yes “the Demon” has returned to torment me. It’s like a constant “thorn in paw”; “Skeleton in the closet” which haunts me every now and then.  Yeah, there are way too many phrases and clichés in the previous sentences.  But such is my mental state. Tired and bogged down.

I feel suffocated and unable to breathe- literally.

So what is it? Some bad deed?  A lie? Or the Seven Sins?

No, none of the aforesaid candidates qualify.

Behold, I reveal my worst fear- my nasal allergy. I am sensitive to dust, pollen and pungent odours. Woe to the dust storm in Rajasthan, and woe to the winds which have blown towards the Capital- driving the dust here and making my life hell.

I remember last year when I was giving my exam for Compiler Construction- I was sneezing in every 10 secs. Watery eyes, running nose- I could barely fathom the words on paper, let alone comprehend them. So much so, after the exam; a friend mocked me who was in 3 classrooms away, that the invigilator in his room was telling one particular guy who was feigning cold and cheating - by pointing at me and saying “that’s a cold, and not the nonsense you’re fooling me with”. Imagine three classrooms away and this!

The worst thing about this particular ailment- there’s no cure. All medicines are laced with sedatives- a cocktail which is not to my liking. I hate sedatives. Groggy eyes, clogged mind. Totally unproductive and boring for the next 16 hours. And still it might turn out to be fair bargain if it would give respite-  but it doesn’t.
People are on verge of curing cancer, perhaps they should think about this one.

2 comments: