Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer of 2012

The Summer of 2012- the best and the laziest summer ever. The best and the worst thing about holidays- you can’t’ have enough of them, and when you do have them; you despise them for the inconvenience of having nothing to do. The eternally restless soul that I have, torments me.
So I decided to shake things up a bit on my lazy-assed schedule.


Having giving up on getting up early ages ago, I resolved not only to do so, but go out on jogging- a herculean task for me given that am extremely lazy and detest any sort of workout; but then I had already decided. My first day - catching the early morning dew, the chirping of the birds, and the first breeze; and I knew I would do it again and perhaps made a self-promise to make a habit out of it- a first for me.

It has been almost a month slacking and I finally have done what my Mom has been after me- making my own breakfast. And it’s not just toast or Maggi! Over the past week- I have experimented crazy with sandwiches. Making them crazier and more outrageous by the day! And then cometh the drinks for the breakfast- which necessitates my mention of the awesome “Chocolate Shake” which I seem to have perfected!

The rest of the day is spent on reading and catching up on old news and stuff I had earlier put on hold. Long ago I had made up a Charles Dickens reading list, and then I had to do away with it due to time constraints, but am back with vengeance:

1)      A Tale of Two Cities

2)      Oliver Twist

3)      Great Expectations

4)      Bleak House*

5)      Pickwick Papers

Have already read through the first three, and making progress with The Bleak House.

As to other pursuits- I recently downloaded the “Vikram and Betaal” stories which were originally aired in 1988 with Arun Govil playing the fabled king Vikramaditya and Sajjan Singh as the Betaal. I had always wanted to watch the episodes in serial order, something I never did uptill now. And the series is amazing!
To those curious about multiplayer gaming, I achieved what I believed was impossible for me- a 25 killstreak on a 300+ ping server on Game Ranger playing Call of Duty:4 Modern Warfare I. I can be found online every night from 2200-0100 hours for a match. My Game Ranger account id: 2453639. Bring your shotgun and body armour!




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. haha, yeah! tu aja ghar kisi din. tjhe bhi khilaunga sandwich, and chocolate shake! :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I was invited too. :P
    Sandwiches and chocolate milk shake...a treat indeed, especially if a guy makes it. ;) Good going!

    ReplyDelete